Starting a new project
When you want to start a new project, you need to:
- ask for advice from anyone your project will impact.
- ask for advice from those who are the most skilled in what you need for the project.
- publicly share the project you are starting to see if others want to get involved.
Impacting Mangrove assets
Existing Mangrove assets that your project may impact include: the website, bots, and branding.
Ask for advice from the person leading the asset and other members who are experts on the topic about the change you’d like to make.
If some members are against this change yet you still want to proceed, ask for a vote. Each vote is weighted by each member’s decisional power based on their contribution. If you get less than 30% of voters against the change (yes, no, IDK), you can proceed with your change.
Recording your contribution & contribution points (CP)
Every Monday, a reminder is sent on Slack for the members to record their contribution through a Typeform (use the slash command "contributionpoints" in Slack to get the links to the Typeform & spreadsheet with the list of contributions).
Contribution points can be earned by spending time working on Mangrove. See the below table for how your time is converted to contribution points (CP).
|Duration||Contribution Points (CP)|
|1 hour||1 CP|
|4 hours||2 CP|
|1 day||5 CP|
|1.5 days||7 CP|
Mangrove Builders can also earn additional points through the following:
- Participating in Mangrove Shipping Day, meaning that they dedicate their whole Monday to Mangrove work - get an additional bonus point (+1 CP).
- Exceptional impact with their work, meaning that their involvement significantly helped Mangrove grow - get 3 additional bonus points (+3 CP).