Mangrove members are people who share Mangrove's values, and a common mindset made of:
- openness and curiosity: Mangrove wouldn’t exist if its first members weren’t interested in different lifestyle, and open to listen to new and uncommon ideas.
- sense of collectiveness: our community values cooperation over competition, sharing over hiding, collective achievement over standing out individually.
- thoughtfulness: in-depth thinking and the capacity of seeing further than the evidences are important qualities for us.
- franchise, clarity and relational maturity: members should nourish a virtuous circle of clear and constructive interactions with the group. They should use non violent communication and look for solutions instead of showing their anger when a problem appears.
- empathy and listening: putting yourself in others' shoes is key to understand others' feelings and point of views. Good listeners often are the most helpful people.
- positive mindset and energy: optimism, enthusiasm and positive energy are the source of Mangrove's momentum.
- ambition and humility: Mangrove members are all changemakers in their own way. The ambition of seeing one’s dreams come true shouldn’t come with an uncontrolled ego. We see humility as a key quality for personal growth and interesting interactions.
- significant experience in one field: in order to bring value to the community, every member should have good skills in a field (not necessarily technology!).